"My companies have now been using Peter's taxation advice for nearly 30 years and he never ceases to amaze us with his depth of knowledge and creative approach. I recommend his services to businesses small or large." - Mr A Blane.
"The highly professional and friendly team at New Forest Tax Accountants work hard to ensure we're using all possible tax allowances and reliefs." - D Smith
Using your Personal tax accountsSource: HM Revenue & Customs | | 09/09/2021
HMRC’s Personal tax accounts (PTAs) were launched in 2015. The service works as an online resource to allow taxpayers to review and update their details in real time. For many routine requests and services using the PTA can help you avoid having to phone or write to HMRC.
Every individual in the UK that pays tax has a PTA, but taxpayers must sign up in order to access and use the service. This can be done using either the Government Gateway or a GOV.UK Verify account.
The following services are currently available on your PTA:
- check your Income Tax estimate and tax code;
- fill in, send and view a personal tax return;
- claim a tax refund;
- check your income from employment in the previous 5 years;
- check how much Income Tax you paid in the previous 5 years;
- check and manage your tax credits;
- check your State Pension;
- track tax forms that you’ve submitted online;
- check or update your Marriage Allowance;
- tell HMRC about a change of address;
- check or update benefits you get from work, for example company car details and medical insurance;
- find your National Insurance number.
HMRC routinely adds more services to allow taxpayers to more fully manage their tax affairs online. The PTA is part of HMRC’s overriding strategy to move to a fully digital tax service.